Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Attribution

There is an issue on-going on Total Protection Interactive.com (TPI) with outsiders failing to attribute their work to the original developers.

I'm a big fan of TPI and guys like "Southnarc," "KIT," etc...I believe that what TPI has developed is the current and future of cutting-edge tactical application and theory.

Hell, I don't even really blame guys like Gabe Suarez and Richard Nance for "borrowing" the concepts and re-working them to fit their paradigm (as long as the paradigm isn't in conflict with reality).

What I have an issue with is outright theft. I didn't create any of the concepts I use in my training of clients, from strength training to Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu to Crazy Monkey Defense. I feel like I'm pretty good about attributing the concepts to the guys that I borrowed them from. The idea of theft appalls me.

Especially from Gabe. Hell, I respected the shit out of Gabe for a long time. Granted, his Bible-thumping kind of annoyed the shit out of me, but I can respect a man's religious beliefs without agreeing with him.

Now though?

I know he's a hypocrite and a liar. He goes on and on about "Hajji-this and "Hajji-that" (I'm opposed to Muslim extremists too, don't get me wrong!), but I think his real problem is their brand of justice.

According to Sharia law, you steal something, you get your fucking hand cut off.

So, Gabe is maybe afraid they'd cut his goddamned hand off because of his intellectual property theft? Maybe?

I don't know Richard Nance from Adam, but I know he tried, unsuccessfully, to use the Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) developed within the TPI community. I've seen clips of the video...dude failed, big time.

I've seen first month white belts in BJJ and Junior High wrestlers with better applications than that. I'm relatively certain that very few people read this blog, and I'm okay with that for the time being. If any of them read this though, I'd just say one thing...

"GROW THE FUCK UP AND DO THE WORK!"

No comments:

Post a Comment