Friday, December 11, 2009

"It's not what ya know, it's who ya know!"

So, I was kind of looking around at new rucksack ideas. I haven't owned on in a number of years and none of the ones I was seeing at the local REI and backpacking stores were in line with what I wanted.

I HATE one pocket rucksacks. I like lots of little exterior pockets to facilitate easier access to cool shit I might need, without tearing my whole ruck apart. I posted a thread looking for ideas on SOCNET, The Special Operations Forum.

Within two hours, I had an offer for a Kifaru Extended-Missions Ruck (EMR) G1. It is lightly used (sat in the safehouse for a year in Iraq, never went on a mission...) and he's letting me have it for $250 less than it retails for new...

It's the second time in two months that being a veteran has paid off for me. These are the first times in my entire post-military life that being a veteran has done me fuck all for good.

So, in case Dave the Australian Para reads this, "Thanks brother!"

I like big rucks. I'm a big guy and can hump a ruck like nobody's business. These are 7000 cubic inches in capacity, PLUS have MOLLE webbing all over so I can custom attach pouches/pockets all over it and increase the capacity even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment