Monday, November 16, 2009

Why I miss Montana...

Honesty. That's what I miss about Montana. People might not like you, or vice versa, but at least you will know where you stand.

I work in a gym. In Portland, Oregon. Both are known for homosexual populations. I don't give a shit if you are gay or lesbian. I just don't care. I don't have a problem training gay or lesbian clients. I teach a MMA-centric combatives class. I don't have a problem rolling with a gay man.

What I do have a problem with is people who say they are uncomfortable when 3/4 of the clientele in this gym are gay or lesbian, but choose to do ALL of their marketing in the gay and lesbian community. Dishonesty blows.

What I also have a problem with is gays and lesbians who claim they only want equal rights with straights, but don't. What they REALLY want is socio-political superiority. They can crack jokes about straight people's sexuality, but if I happen to use the term "sissy," as a motivational tool to make a straight male client push a little harder, I'm a fucking homo-phobe? Try this one on Tinkerbell..."Blow me!"

So, Montana is looking awful nice again.

No comments:

Post a Comment